Luctor et Emergo

by Tink

Correction **

Saturday, January 09, 2010 0 comments

If you who have read my previous entry you might wonder why the content of that entry changed. I changed the wording. Reason I changed the wording is because I received an email from the President, National CFIDS Foundation, Inc., Gail Kansky in which she explained to me that I posted 'erroneous information' in my blog entry and that my statements contained libel which was unlawful.

The information that allegedly was erroneous was that I stated that because the article that mr. Huntington wrote and was printed in the National Forum, the NCF's newsletter, it represented the opinion of the National CFIDS Foundation.
According to the NCF, this is not true.

mr. Huntington is not a member of the board but a member of the Forum Staff and submits articles to the newsletter.

As mrs. Kansky pointed out to me the disclaimer in the newsletter states: 'Each columnist has expressed his/her own ideas and/or opinions.'.

Her message went on with the request to remove the erroneous information. To prevent further legal action I have removed the statement that mr. Huntington represented the opinion of the NCF.Inc.

# # #

If this was not a blog about ME/CFIDS I now could start the interesting discussion about the legal liability issues you have, being a blogger. But all this would take too much of the little energy I have to spare.

As an Software Architect and Open Source advocate my fabulous husband has been a member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation for years and we as a couple support the EFF organization financially. He provided me with a link to an excellent guide that I will post here. If you blog, please read it, know your legal rights and know where to go to get help.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation's Blogger's Legal Guide

# # #

** - Corrections are marks or comments made on a piece of work -

(0) Comments